Event Location Details:
Walla Walla, WA
RV Resort Four Seasons
1440 The Dalles Military Road
Walla Walla, WA 99362
October 19 - 21, 2018
Another new park for Cascadia. This park is really very nice and well maintained. Check out the website. However, it does not have a clubhouse so again we get to be creative. Make sure you call the park first and make your reservation before completing the Online Registration Form. Use the Notes section of the registration form to say you have called the park.
The area has many wineries to visit and other interesting historical attractions.
Important Event Dates:
Event Description or theme:
This park has No Kitchen or Clubhouse. Activities are planned around the Balloon Festival, surrounding wineries and sightseeing. Plan accordingly. Please be prepared to offer to carpool if you have a vehicle to take advantage of our visit to this part of the state.
Registration Details:: Because we have become such a large group it is very important to have accurate attendance information so please follow the instructions below:
- We have 30 sites reserved. Registration closes September 1st or when we fill reserved spots, whichever comes first.
- Park models may be available for this event, check with the park for price and details.
- If you are planning to attend this event but are not staying at this RV Park (e.g.: different park or local hotel) please follow the same instructions for registering below checking the "Day Use only" box on the online form and, if necessary, include any comments in the "Notes" section.
Before the registration deadline:
- Use the online form to sign up for this event. Include the dates you plan to arrive and depart from the park (early arrival/late departure dates included).
- Print the registration confirmation page for your records and make note of any deposit due and deadline dates. Note: the printout from this form will only include the event dates, if you are arriving early or departing late, the registrar will still get that information..
After the registration deadline:
- Contact the park directly to see if they have space available. If so, sign up with the park directly and then
- This is very important: Contact the registrar to let her know you will be attending.
- Before the registration deadline, contact the registrar to cancel.
- After the registration deadline, contact the park directly to cancel and then notify the registrar that you will not be coming.
- No shows and those canceling after cancellation date (see Final Cancellation Deadline) will be charged one night's camping fee.
Deposit and Payment Instructions:
$41.15 weekend fee for full hookup.
Provide credit card to hold space when you call the park. Payment in full due upon arrival directly to the park.
Sites are assigned by the park. If you have special requirements, please indicate them in the Notes section of the registration online form and they will be forwarded to the park on your behalf.
Event Theme: Walla Walla Balloon Stampede
The Stampede will be happening this weekend so bring your vehicles to help shuttle folks to the events at Howard Tietan Park. The official website https://wallawallaballoonstampede.com will be updated during the year so check it out for activities you can register for.
This will be at another new location, Walla Walla, during the annual Hot Air Balloon Stampede. Follow this link to see the kinds of activities and help plan your visit https://wallawallaballoonstampede.com/. Because this event is during the balloon stampede I have planned very few activities and a change in our normal event schedule: normally we hold our October meeting on Saturday morning, but we will do this at an RV club sponsored appetizer event on Friday night. Because the park does not have a clubhouse we will meet at the Hampton Inn across the street from the park so if possible, I am requesting you please bring vehicles to help transport folks to all the weekend activities
In addition to the balloon festival there are a lot of wineries in the Walla Walla valley – please see below the list provided by Ona Solberg with the tours available and wineries included in those areas. If you are planning to do a tour you set it up with some friends and, following Ona’s advice, go as individuals in a “loosely” defined group to avoid the need for reservations. Let me caution you about how much tasting you do and have a designated driver, so everyone is safe and has a good time.
Event Captains: The Board
Hi Theres'! Need volunteers for this event
Divas: none needed for this event
- 4:00 – 9:00pm – I have reserved a conference room at the Hampton Inn across the street. Please help provide transportation to and from this part of the event.
- 5:00pm - Meet and Greet at the Hampton Inn Conference Room
- 5:30pm - Appetizers provided
- 6:30pm - General Meeting: AGENDA
- After General Meeting the conference room will remain available until 9:00pm for games and social time
- No formal events are planned for the day. The city park pavillion is reserved and located behind the RV park from 9:00am to 9:00pm for use by members throughout the day and evening.
- Book Club Discussion: "Mercer Girls" by Libbie Hawker Time and location of Book Club Discussion to be determined.....
- 8:00am - Possibly Coffee and Tea: Bring your own cup and visit
- 9:00am - Meet at Pavillion for Final Announcements
- 9:30am - Rig Christenings and Farewells and hugs
Walla Walla Wine Tours
Walla Walla has 4 wine tour regions. There are so many wineries to choose from that I have limited the choices to 4-5 in each region that I am familiar with or have visited in the past. Some of these listed have really nice/unique tasting rooms. However, please add to the list if there are other wineries you want to visit. Any of the regions listed have wineries with great wines. Recommend picking up a copy of Walla Walla Lifestyles magazine or Washington State Wine 2018 Official Tour Guide once you get to Walla Walla. Both have maps and can be found at local hotels, the visitor center and probably the RV park. I will have a copy of both with me.
The Airport region is a little further away from the RV park but not out of reach. Downtown is nice since you can park and walk to most all of them. Recommend that if we go as a group, we “loosely” go but do not claim to be a group since wineries usually want reservations for 8 or more. Most all of them charge a $10 - $15 wine tasting fee which is refundable if you buy a bottle. Most tastings will take 45 min- 1 hour. I don’t recommend more than 4-5 wineries in an afternoon due to time/travel limits.
Folks could start the day off with a good breakfast at Bacon & Eggs Restaurant located at 57 E Main St. Also many of the wineries have snacks available and even full restaurants.
Walla Walla Valley (west of town)
- L’Ecole No 41 (Reds, Whites, Rose) (open 10-5)
- Woodward Canyon Winery (Reds, Whites) (daily 10-5)
- Waterbrook Winery (Reds, Whites, Rose) (Thurs: 10-6, Fri-Sat: 10-8)
- Long Shadows Vintners (primarily Reds) (daily 10-5) requires reservation
- Reininger Winery (primarily Reds, Helix brand has more varietals (daily 10-6)
Downtown Walla Walla
- Bledsoe Winery (Reds, White, Rose) (Wed-Sat: 11-6)
- Seven Hills Winery (Reds, Whites, Rose) (daily 10-5)
- The Walls (Reds, Whites) (Thurs-Sun: 12-5)
- Mark Ryan Winery (primarily Reds, 1 White) (Sun- Thurs: 11am-5pm, Fri: 11am-8pm, Sat: 11am-6pm
South Walla Walla
- Northstar Winery (primarily Reds, 1 White, Rose) (Mon-Sat: 11-5)
- Saviah Cellars (primarily Reds, 1 White, Rose sold out) (daily 10-5)
- Pepper Bridge Winery (primarily Reds, 1 White) (daily 10-4)
- Amavi Cellars (Reds, Whites) (daily 10-4)
Walla Walla Regional Airport
- Tranche Cellars (Reds, Whites) (daily 11-5)
- College Cellars (Reds, Whites, Rose) (Thurs-Sun: 11-5)
- Dunham Cellars (Reds, Whites) (daily 11-4)
- Palencia Winery (Reds, Whites) (Fri-Sun: 11-5)