Event Location Details:
American Sunset RV Park
1209 N. Montesano St.
Westport, WA 98595
July 23-25, 2021
Please observe safety for yourself and others by wearing a mask and practicing social distancing. Also note that parks are frequently updating their policies and procedures. The information provided below is the most recent available.
Important Event Dates:
- Parks Registration open: Jan 2, 2021
- Cascadia Registration Closes: April 1, 2021 (NOTE: EARLY CLOSE DATE)
Call the park to make your reservations and let them know you are with the Cascadia group. Please inquire regarding cancellation policies. There will likely be fees for cancellation and no shows.
We have 40 sites (81-120) reserved but the park will release unbooked sites to the general public after April 1, so please REGISTER EARLY. The parks were hurt financially last year because some groups cancelled and didn’t notify the park. They are no longer willing to hold sites in peak camping months.
The park would like to assign sites as you register so please pick your site (and an alternate) before you call. The even numbered sites face Willow Road and the grass field. Odd numbered sites face Center Road. The park also wants to avoid the confusion of site switching which has happened with RVW in previous years.
There will be no auction this year at Westport. (We are OK financially since we didn’t host events in 2020 and the first part of 2021, and the pandemic complicates planning for the event.)
Notify Cascadia. Drop an e-mail to the Cascadia registrar with your site number and arrival/departure dates. This provides information to Cascadia RVW that will help us with planning the event. The sites will be released back to the campground on April 1st, but you can continue to try to register with the park after that time.
IMPORTANT: EMAIL the Registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need to cancel your reservation, contact the park directly to confirm your cancellation and please let the registrar know that you will not be coming.
Registrar email address: email@example.com
Theme: Seafood Feast
Event Captain: Leanna Davis
Hi There Greeters: ??
Divas: Christine Taylor, Mary Schoenfeldt, Janet Adolphson
- 5:30 PM Meet and Greet
- 6:00 PM Potluck Bring a dish to share or your own meal
- Presentation on our Weekend Charity
- Cards and other games
8:30 AM Meet in the clubhouse for coffee and membership vote on the Chapter Budget.
- 3:00 PM SEAFOOD FEAST provided by Cascadia Chapter. Possibly including Alaskan Halibut, Dungeness Crab, Shrimp Cocktail, Ceasar Salad. Bring your own crab crackers and beverage other plates and utensils will be provided.
- To get an ACCURATE COUNT, PLEASE NOTIFY THE REGISTRAR THAT YOU ARE ATTENDIING THE MEAL
- If you are not a seafood fan, please plan your own meal.
- 5:30 PM Dessert and
- Presentation on the "Vial of Life"
- Walk Dogs
- Evening of cards and other games
- 8:30 AM Gather at clubhouse for Coffee and closing ceremonies
Westport is a great little town with LOTS to see, ride your bike, play on the go carts, ocean surf, walk the beach boardwalk. If you need more ideas, ask in the office.
Things to do Nearby
- Shopping and ice cream await downtown
- Fly a kite
- Ride a bike along the dune trail
- Charter fishing and whale watching
- Westport light house
- Go karts
- Brady's oysters
- Westport winery
- Maritime museum